30 Dec 2010

Beauty Talk

Hi girls

Another beauty Talk post to let you know the products I'm rating!






I hope you all had a really lovely Christmas and that you got everything on your wish list.

So at the moment I am really into the I hate my hair the day it's washed spray from Lee Stafford, I have been meaning to try it for ages and now I have I just wish I had tried it sooner! My hair always looks smoother the day after it's washed but once I have slept on it I don't have the volume that I had on the first day so I am happy I no longer have to wait a day for smooth hair this product really is the answer for me. I love Lee Stafford and I love the bright pink products which look great not to mention the gorgeous smell I will be repurchasing this spray the moment I run out.

Another thing I'd like to mention is how nice the Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioners are, ideally I would use salon professional shampoo and conditioner such as Redken or L'oreal Professionnel all the time because they really are better but I don't have the time to get to salon services or the money to buy them so I use drug store brands a lot, plus I suppose I am on a mission to find a drugstore brand as good as a salon brand.


Personally I think most of the drug store brands are good enough and I think it's a case of finding something that works well for you and I know sometimes when I see cheaper products like Alberto Balsam the fact they are so cheap puts me off a little but I try to keep an open mind because to be fair to this particular brand they don't advertise as far as I know and the packaging is quite simple so they probably save a lot of money which accounts for why they can afford to charge such low prices and if you look at the ingredients on the back they are the same as other more expensive brands.


Anyways I had an open mind the other day and bought the Limited edition mandarin shampoo and conditioner. Whilst I was using my new mandarin set I really thought about it and I couldn't think of any reason why it was any less quality than the leading drugstore brands (we are all just being hypnotised)






lloydspharmacy.com





I found it smelt gorgeous cleaned well without drying my hair out and the conditioner was good quite light, my hair didn't feel coated so I'm glad I bought it as I do from time to time when I'm not buying in to all the Television adverts and fancy packaging.

I am really liking the vitamin e products from Superdrug which I have been using for a while now, I have the vitamin e skin oil which comes in a really handy little bottle and I use to give my skin a moisture boost every so often at night, I sometimes use the facial wipes (when I'm in a real hurry) which I was tipped off about in the beauty bible, each wipe is really big and has lots of moisture, and the like the illuminating moisture cream to give my skin a bit of subtle shimmer when it looks a little dull, all of the vitamin e products smell really gorgeous and I think I will try some of the other products in the range.


Also I have just run out of my Take the Heat leave in spray by Aussie and I am seriously considering re purchasing because since I have been using it I think I have noticed my hair has not been drying out like it normally would when I blow dry often, I am very interested to hear any recommendations on heat protection sprays though as I haven't used many, and I am very interested in whether these heat protection products actually work.

Lacura from Aldi have brought out a new shimmering day cream which gives a nice subtle shimmer so I decided to try it since I am a really big fan of the Sianna day and night creams from Aldi (I have lost count of how many pots I have been through) I don't think I will like the Lacura cream as much as my usual Sianna creams simply because they are so good but I love trying new things and Lacura make my favourite under eye concealer so I think it would be wise to try it.


It takes at least a couple of weeks to really test a cream so I haven't formed a fair opinion on the Lacura cream yet, one thing really like though is the packaging I would much rather the Sianna creams were packaged like the Lacura one is and I also really love the fresh smell.


So I would really like to hear from you about your favourite heat protection sprays and drug store shampoos and conditioners or anything else you may want to add.





Thanks for reading



 




Are you following this blog?

No comments: