14 Nov 2010

Beauty talk

Hi everyone!

This month I have been really taking care of my hair and skin now is getting colder I need all the moisture I can get.
I have been using almond oil for my hair applying it all over my hair and scalp in the evenings and leaving it for the night, I already use coconut oil for my hair but almond oil works very well too it's a little more moisturising actually and since I'm trying to grow my hair I need to look after the ends as much as possible.

I have decided that I am going to wait until I decide my hair needs a trim rather than going by the six to eight week rule as my hair grows so slowly it will be a one step forward one step back situation and I think you can tell when your hair needs a trim, I asked a friend with very long hair the other day how she had managed to get hers so long and she said that she didn't get it cut for a whole year once! She has really gorgeous healthy hair so sod the rules I want long hair! If it doesn't need trimming and you are growing it then I don't see any reason to cut it. I would always recommend regular cuts to anyone who puts their hair under a lot of heat styling and chemical treatments though, most people can tell if their hair is damaged or dry.

One thing I would like to have a little moan about is the Vaseline little pots, I think that as far as lip balm goes they are all you need, some lip balms put a seal on the lips but don't actually moisturise but Vaseline really soaks in and I don't think you can get any better and I never spend lots on those products as there is only so much moisture you need anyway.
So Vaseline is great but this time of year I'm using it a lot and my problem with this product is the packaging, am I the only person who can't open my pot? I am getting fed up of struggling with it so I tried the Superdrug's version which is much easier to open but I still prefer Vaseline so I think I am going to have to get my own fabulous little pot and transfer it, I think Vaseline should be packaged like lip gloss myself.






Since I tried the frizz fighter shampoo from Herbal Essences I have been impressed, because I have less frizz when I use it I don't use as much heat on my hair when I blow dry it and my hair is happier therefore I am happier.
So the other day I mentioned frizz fighter and a girl overheard me and said she uses the seductively straight shampoo in the range and she noticed a difference in her hair when blow drying she said she didn't need straighteners after but usually she does, so I will test this one next I hope I can give it a positive report.
I'm also giving the beautiful ends leave in cream a try, I like that you can leave it in on wet or dry hair, the jury is out at the moment but if it's good I will give it a mention, I have heard good things about it and I love the smell so I'm optimistic. 

I have started getting into colourful eye make up again lately (I used to wear purples and greens a lot) this time round I'm really loving pink! I love being girly and I do like a pink lipstick but I'm more into enhancing my eye make up and having a nude lip so I thought I'd give some glittery pink a try and I really loved feeling all girly and pretty.
I find that it worked really well when I wore my cropped eighties denim jacket  nice contrast the girly ott eye shadow and the masculine jacket, kinda like the whole leather and lace thing, maybe I just like the eighties a little bit!

There are a couple of products I have repurchased too, first my renew and recover foundation by Rimmel I love liquid foundations and with the renew and recover I have found a perfect match for my skin (ivory I believe) I can really build this foundation up and I don't look like I'm wearing a mask, the only thing I don't like is I can feel the shimmery bits on my skin when I rub it in but it's no big deal. Secondly my Avon advance techniques mirror shine spray I have been using it for so long I can't remember the first time I got it so it must be good, I like that it doesn't go on too thick and it smells really nice like all of the advance techniques products, I like it even more now it comes in a nice new pink bottle now.

What is everyone else loving at the moment?





Are you following this blog?

4 comments:

a said...

lol no I can never get my pots of vaseline open either! I have to keep mine in my pocket otherwise I forget to apply it and then it melts, and makes it twice as hard to open :(
I love the herbal essence range it makes your hair smell gorgeous X

Unknown said...

I'm glad it's not just me then lol x

Dani said...

Hi, I'm a new reader :) and they now do Vaseline lip balm tubes, thought I'd share in case you hadn't seen them yet! Best thing ever, haha, I could never get my tin open either :) x

Unknown said...

Hi Dani thank you for following my blog :) I did see the new vasaline sticks but I didn't really like them but thankfully vasaline have changed the pots slightly and I can actually open them now lol x