12 Jul 2011

If you Truly Cherish Angel you will love this

Hi ladies

This is yes...another perfume post! But I am a perfume junkie so what do you expect?

I was in Marks and Spencers the other day and thought I'd check out the perfumes (no explanation required) and one in particular called Truly Cherish caught my attention as it reminded me of Angel by Thierry Mugler.

As I'm sure a lot of you are aware Marks & Spencer and Next make perfumes that have strong resemblances to famous perfumes and some don't just resemble but are practically identical! Click here to read about a great Miss Dior Cherie dupe.

Anyways I am without a doubt that Truly Cherish by Marks and Spencer is loosely based on Angel by Thierry Mugler, for a start the packaging is colour coded the same, the bottle has the sharp edges like the Angel bottle, the juice is blue and also because although the scent is not identical to Angel, it's pretty similar.







To be honest it's rather nice, I'd say a bit more subtle than Angel and although I'm not overly keen straight away (like a lot of perfumes it's not love at first sniff) once the top notes settle I really really like it, I think I may even prefer it to Angel.

My only criticism is that the perfume doesn't last for ages but I personally think that's a minor when factoring the price plus the fact that it comes in a handbag sized bottle so it's easy to re-spritz. 

So below are the notes for each perfume.



Angel by Thierry Mugler

Top notes 
Bergamot, Mandarin

Middle notes 
Passion fruit, Peach, Apricot

Base notes 
Patchouli, Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel


 Truly Cherish by Marks & Spencer

Top notes 
Apricot and Orange blossom

middle notes 
Jasmine, Freesia and Rose

base notes
Patchouli, Vanilla and Caramel



As you can see from the notes they are very similar, Truly Cherish is definitely a perfume would reccomend to anyone who likes Angel, I think its a real bargain too for around £12.00 for 100ml and £6.00 for 25ml.



Anyways must! dash hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading



 



Are you following this blog?

2 comments:

Brigitte Honeybee said...

oooh i will defs have to goo have a look. i love angel it kinda smells a little bit too much at first but it gets better after a while

xoXo -B Breezeybree Blog

Unknown said...

yeah i know what you mean, a lot of my perfumes are nicer after the top notes have worn off. I tend to spay those ones into the air and walk into them :) x